Saturday, August 27, 2011

Graduation!

Yesterday I graduated.  It was awesome and awe inspiring.  I, along with 18 other outstanding individuals, received the certificate that will allow us to practice medicine.  I am humbled to be in this group.  Our school has graduated almost 1500 PAs over its history and I am honored to be in this group. 

I also received an award for exemplifying the spirit of our school.  Our founder had a vision for the PA profession - namely participation in rural communities, improvement of access to the underserved, and commitment to excellence in medicine.  On top of that, the school has made a commitment to the success of their students.  To be very frank, I had no hopes of special awards and didn't purposefully alter any behaviors to achieve any.  But my goal all along has been to be of service and support to my classmates, to maintain a positive attitude throughout all of the challenges we've faced, and, ultimately, to glorify God as Christians are called to do.  I give Him all the credit for any achievements or excellence that I obtained over the past couple of years. 

The past 2.5 years have been a wild ride.  In reflection I went from someone who thought he knew a lot to someone who realizes, at least to a certain extent, just how little I really understand about science and the human body.  There is a lot I have to learn and now I have been given the magical piece of paper that says I'm allowed to.  Very exciting times.

No comments:

Post a Comment