Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Absence

It has been quite some time since my last post.  In the intervening time, a lot has changed. 

The major change is that I am going to be moving to a new job.  I got a phone call out of the blue about five weeks ago with an excellent proposal.  The new position will have me seeing more patients weekly, but working fewer hours.  I will be moving from government medicine to private practice.  I will be working in a larger practice with many excellent MDs, DOs and NPs around me.  Interestingly, I will be the only PA in the practice.  I am a bit intimidated by this fact - what will it mean for the future?  Will the group transition away from PAs in favor of NPs?  Why did they pick a PA in the first place?  I am grateful for the opportunity and I believe it will be an excellent one - there is already some talk about working with the local emergency room and there may be opportunities to work in surgery as well. 


I deeply regret leaving my current clinic - the need for providers is very great.  But with this move I am putting my family first.  I feel good about that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment