Sunday, October 2, 2011

Brief Update

On 29 September I woke at 0700 to my alarm blaring.  This being the first Thursday after I had taken my boards, only one thing was on my mind: my scores. 

I rubbed a little sleep from my eyes, then immediately picked up my iPhone (the first time I have ever been truly thankful to have this little gem that allows me to use an internet browser almost anywhere, any time) and looked up my board score. 

To my utter elation, I passed.  I lay there in bed contemplating that thought....  I passed.  I passed!  I PASSED!!  I don't know that, aside from my wedding day or the births of my two children, I have ever been as happy as I was that Thursday morning.  (Yes, these four events are comparable in the amount of happy that they made me.)

I am now  Physician Assistant, Certified.  It is among the most incredible feelings in the world.

And tomorrow morning, bright and early, I begin my practice of medicine. 

The oddest thing - in two words I can sum up how I feel today: scared stiff. 

No comments:

Post a Comment