Saturday, January 1, 2011

Funny pictures

As anyone else, I enjoy a humorous picture every now and again.  This picture isn't quite as funny as the story behind the employees reaction when I took it.  First, the picture:




Then the story:
We were out at some establishment (I don't want to name any names, of course) and I happened to be wearing a jacket that identified me as a local ambulance company member (a Christmas gift from the company).  An employee had noticed my coat and wished us all a quiet evening (which didn't happen by the way).  As we were going about our business, we noticed that there was conspicuously no fire extinguisher on the wall and, what with the big sign and an arrow pointing to where it should be, we got a good laugh and I decided to snap a picture for giggles.  Well, the employee took note that an ambulance company member was snapping a picture of a place where a fire extinguisher is supposed to be and got just a little worked up -

"Wait, wait...  We have a fire extinguisher right here!"  She dutifully pulled one out from behind the counter.  "It just fell down and we haven't had a chance to put it back up yet," the look on her face a mixture of "got caught with a hand in the cookie jar" and "please don't tell anyone... it was an accident, honest."

I reassured the kind employee that I was snapping the picture for my own personal amusement and that I really do not care about the fact that the fire extinguisher is not exactly where the sign on the wall says that it should be.  I tried to convey that I was confident that they had everyone's safety well taken care of and that there was really nothing to worry about.  But I don't think I succeeded.  

In the end I got more of a chuckle out of the employee's reaction than I did over the photo itself.  And I realize that this means I am a horrible person. 

No comments:

Post a Comment